Would you be able to recognize signs of mold inside your home? First, a thorough inspection is required. Here are some signs that would help you recognize that molds are growing in your home:
- Presence of spots (greenish, black, orange or even purple);
- Presence of musty smell inside the room (smell of damp earth, the air is heavy);
- Presence of dark circles or curls on surfaces
Indoor, molds usually form around window frames, on walls or even on the ceiling, in the bathroom, attic, bedroom walls and especially in the basement.
Carrying out regular housekeeping of the house as well as a visual inspection once a year in all sections of the house can help detect traces of water infiltration and mold. Do not forget to check the areas most at risk, such as:
- The roof (watch for missing shingles);
- The attic (there is often the presence of mold on the roof deck);
- In the basement (this is a risk area due to the capillarity of the concrete foundations);
- Behind the furniture (furniture that is too close to the wall prevents the circulation of hot air in winter and promotes humidity and the development of mold);
- In the closets and storage spaces (same situation as a piece of furniture that is too stuck on the wall. A failure of the insulation could create a mold problem);
- In the bathroom or laundry room (as these are damp areas, this is the best environment for the development of mold).
Have you detected mold in your home? It is very important to take action right away in order to avoid further damage to your building, but above all, to avoid any health problems for your family. Contact an expert in mold remediation at 438-800-2046 and ask your questions or ask us for a free quote. Mold Removal & Asbestos Remediation EcoRenov: your best partner in the fight against mold.